My Geek Score: Google finally launches its flagship Smart phones Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro leaving behind all speculations. Pre-orders of both the phones have started on 19 October, and shipping will start on October 28. In addition to all major US carriers, Pixel 6 series will be sold through big retailers as well. The interesting part of the launch is Google’s first of its kind In-house made ‘Tensor’ chip, customized specially for the Pixel 6 as well as refreshed camera hardware. Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro are Google’s best bet against high-end smart phones starting at $599 and $899, respectively.
Pixel 6 and 6 Pro are already gaining a lot of attention due to their power packed features in competitive pricing. Looking forward to comparative analysis, it’s going to be quite aggressive on specification point of view.
Some Highlights Of The Launch
- Google is providing with 128 GB of storage on both the base models. This is going to be an advanced point to help gather healthy crowd.
- Further it is making a lot of advancement with its processor which is a custom designed ARM SoC. As per Google, its Tensor chip competes with the snap dragon 888 which is available in all most every high end android phones.
- There are two high core power application cores, two mid-range cores and four low power cores with a dedicated co-processor for the purpose of safety.
- This bears a private compute core and a perfect image processing core.
- Pixel 6 pairs are going to be available with the new chip, called Tensor.
- Pixel 6 is of 8 GB RAM, while the 6 Pro is with 12 GB.
- These are available in different colors and are completely unique. The designs are appreciable for being simple with color range of kinda coral, sorta sea form and stormy black for Pixel 6.
- The Pixel 6 pro colors are likely that of sorta sunny, cloudy white and stormy black. These are just best of the colors to carry for any gender.
Comparing The Specifications
Comparing the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. These two are unique in themselves with significantly different in not just look but also with their specificities. Here comes a list of differences in specificities of Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro.
- The dimension of Pixel 6 is 158.6 X 74.8 x 8.9mm whereas the Pixel 6 Pro is of 163.9 x 75.9 x 8.9mm in dimension.
- The display varies with 6.4 inch Amoled in Pixel 6 and in Pixel 6 pro is 6.71 inch LTPO Amoled.
- Pixel 6 holds 90 Hz display where as it’s around 120 Hz in case of Pixel 6 Pro.
- The RAM storage of Pixel 6 is 8GB LPDDR5 where as its 12 GB LPDDR5 in case of Pixel 6 Pro.
- Moving ahead with the battery and charging, the Pixel 6 bears 4,600 mAh battery whereas the Pixel 6 Pro bears 5000 mAh battery.
- The camera is quite efficient with perfect picture quality delivered for every single click.
Google have tried in designing the two models with:-
- The connectivity stands on with 5G NR with ultra wide brand and bears a type C port.
- The android 12 stands best with three years of OS updates and a perfect 5 years warranty.
- Other efficient features are like optical under display finger print reader, stereo speakers, and IP68 dust and water resistance and are best to handle it at best and ease.
- The most interesting thing about the Google phones is design. It’s unique because Google has employed two tone designs.
- There is a black camera bump which covers the complete width at back. The colors on the back are distinguished with its bump.
- Next is the space that stands above the camera string can be used to identify the two phones. The phone with more of blank space above the camera is on the Pixel 6 Pro.
- This is indeed a safe design for the Pixel 6 series as decided to be handled safely by the users.
- When it’s the Pixel 6, it has a matte aluminum finish but the Pixel 6 Pro bears a lightly polished stainless steel frame.
- What makes them more prominent in features is, edge of the Pixel 6 is flat and in that of Pixel 6 Pro its curved display that can bend into frames in the sides. Even both have finger print scanners.
- So an overall look out will surely make its users feel distinctive than the android users and is surely going to be smarter and safer as next generation mobile phone.
Google’s First of Its Kind ‘Tensor’ Chip
Tensor is the first in the world custom chip for smart phones made with love from Google with the help of Samsung, to have not just one but two large CortexX1 cores in its processor, with more computing power than Snapdragon 888 with its unique CortexX1 core.
It has two CortexA76 mid-cores and four CortexA55 cores for less power consuming tasks, while Snapdragon 888 uses the same four CortexA55 and three CortexA78 cores, which are more powerful per cycle and support higher clock speed than CortexA76’s in the Tensor.
This stands incredible as the new android version is accessible with your designed language and wall paper on UX theme. Apart from that it has the privacy dashboard that indicates which app is active on the camera of the phone, the microphones as well as the location. Added to all these there are a good number of new, redesigned widgets with a lots and lots of features with the new Tensor chip. This chip is responsible in providing exciting features like live translate for translating message and even can speak in real time. There are improvements made to the voice typing as well as call screen.
These features are making the phones faster with enhancing its smartness. Rather it’s expected to give a smart command in the world of telecommunication. Above all, a software support for 5 years is also announced by Google with its limit to the security patches. The android version updates in this is limited to just 3 years.
Google’s new launch of Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro is expected to rock the market. Looking forward to how they would perform, experts have marked a lot of changes into it and these are going to make them the next generation demand.