Updating Mac is quite easy and advanced, most important being less time consuming. But for this, few things are taken into recommendation. Making it clearer and clarified, the Mac updating is not easy and is also not free. So to update Mac to latest version would require proper information and recommendation for how to do it and what to do.
How long does it take to update Mac
When to start downloading is not a question, rather how long it will take to updateMac to latest macOSis the question. So with all information, it can be said that, the system will take almost 10 hours for downloading the file of 11.98 GB. So when you are planning for an update, just leave the Mac downloading to the operating system overnight. Next start installation in the next morning. But at the same time, it’s important to remember that you should backup your system ensuring no data lost in the process. So it’s important to have a strong connection for the purpose.
How to update Mac to its latest version
To update it,
1. Move to the apple menu present in the corner of the screen. Next choose system preferences.
2. In that column, click software update.
3. Next update now with installing the latest updates for currently installed version.
4. Now install the new versions available. Now software update will inform you if Mac is updated or not. Then the user can install the apps up to date with all the apps.
If you want to update with installing macOS automatically including the apps that were downloaded separately from the app store, then select “automatically keep my Mac up to date”. Then Mac will notify you when there is requirement for restarting the system, so that you can have the apps and updates installed.
Also, read [Solved] Microsoft Windows 10 Update Error.
Updating MacOS on your Mac
To update macOS on your Mac, Follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Open the app store on the Mac.
- Next click on updates provided on the app store toolbar.
- Use the update buttons and download with installing the updates listed on the system.
- If the app store show no more updates like those of installed version of MacOS and all the other up to date apps. Then the later versions will be available by upgrading these on the macOS.
- For automatically downloading the updates further, choose apple menu > system preferences, next click on the app store. Then select download that is available with updates in the background. Immediately Mac will update and notify about the installation process.
Updating Mac Software Instantly
To update Mac to latest versioninstantly, one must use the update tracker in the Mac Keeper. This is an advanced tool that scans the Mac to find out all the apps. It further checks the apps against the MacKeeper’s database to find out if the latest update is running or not. After scanning the Mac apps, it’s necessary to find out which one would need any kind of update. This can be done using MacKeeper for instantly starting, downloading and installing all the updates with just a single click. Otherwise one can also choose which apps needs to be updated and which one’s not.
Here comes the process of how to update the tracker tool:-
- First download and install the Mac keeper on Mac.
- Next click on update tracker in the side bar.
- Now click scan for updates and just wait for the time when Mac Keeper will finish scanning apps.
After the scanning is completed, Mac keeper will provide with detailed list of Mac apps that are needed for updating. So just click on “update all” for starting updating of all the apps at once.
Follow My Geek Score on Scoop.it.
Tags: Update Mac to Latest Version, Update macOS on Mac, Update Mac to Latest macOS.